Phillip Island Penguins, plus Exclusive Wildlife Encounter
From $145 pp incl all entrance fees
Not just the penguins! Our Phillip Island Penguin small group experience (11 guests only) is all about the nature, touring the island and experiencing a range of our native animals as close up and personal as possible in a natural environment.View Pickup Locations
From $145 AUD inc. all entrance fees
10 Hours (approx)
Seasonal - refer booking page
Small Group Tours
Max. of 11 people
Luxury Mercedes Transport
Door to Door
Pickup & Drop-off
Exclusive to our tour group, an open range wildlife sanctuary with over 200 species of native animals including Kangaroos, Koalas and Tasmanian devils. The famous Little Penguin Parade at sunset - the star attractions! (We also provide blankets and seat cushions during the parade for that extra comfort).
On The Way
- Complimentary hotel pick up and drop off within Melbourne City central between 11:00am-12:00pm May to September and 1:00pm-2:00pm October-April.
- Journey through the fast growing heartland of Melbourne as we paint the picture of ‘the most liveable city in the world’ as awarded for seven years in a row. Includes a stop off at the famous Brighton Beach Boxes. Have your camera ready!
- May to August – a chance to enjoy lunch (own expense) at the lovely seaside town of San Remo with its resident Pelicans. Perhaps a serve of locally caught fish & chips by the pier?
- Arriving at the Island our nature encounter begins! We fully guide you through a wonderful open range wildlife sanctuary (we are the only tour group welcomed here) that is home to over 200 native animals.
- Here we will encounter not only Tasmanian Devils, Koalas, Wombats and Cassowary’s and many others but walk in amongst and hand feed Kangaroos, Wallabies and Emus in a natural Australian bush setting. Our guests love this experience.
- September – April, there is plenty of time to enjoy dinner from all the main township of Cowes has to offer or just enjoy a walk along the foreshore.
Penguins and More
- We then turn our attention to the smallest penguins in the world......
- Travelling out to the rugged surf coast of the Island, we take a walk along the oceans’ edge at the Nobbies and bring to life the habitat and daily life of the penguins as we search for them in their burrows.
- Making our way to the parade, we will show you where the wilderness research is undertaken and spot wild Wallabies and birds of prey.
- Before arriving, we will take you to a cliff edge above the Parade to fully explain just what to expect when the Penguins arrive – where to sit, what to look for and some tips on how to make the very best of your experience
- We aim to arrive at least one hour before the Penguins are due so that you will have the best choice of seats or take time to enjoy the visitor centre or perhaps sneak in some souvenir shopping before the doors open if you prefer
- It can get cold after sunset but we've got you covered. We will prepare you fully with warm woolly blankets and seat cushions just in case!
- Enjoy the show! We allow everyone the maximum possible time (until they turn the lights off) to enjoy their arrival.
Penguin Parade Extras
- A variety of customised viewing options are available for those looking for something a little extra to add to their experience: (Please refer to our booking page for further details and prices. Numbers are limited and are very popular and do sell out early – especially over major holiday periods). PLEASE NOTE: All options will be reconfirmed for availability before any payments are processed.
Penguins PlusSituated next to the main path of penguins, and limited to 190 people, Penguins Plus offers fantastic up close viewing of a separate group of Penguins. Rangers are on hand throughout the night to answer your questions and give a talk 30 minutes prior to the estimated penguin arrival time.
Penguins Plus UndergroundLimited to a maximum of just 70 people, enjoy up-close eye-level viewing of the Little penguins waddling along the Parade’s most popular pathway through an underground viewing window. Includes Penguins Plus above ground viewing.
Guided Ranger TourTake a guided ranger tour through the penguin colony before settling into your reserved front row seats for the parade. Watch the penguins emerge from the water and make their march across the beach. Each guest is supplied a headset for the ranger commentary. Tour limited to 10 people. Limited to ages 12 and above.
VIP TourBe treated like a VIP on this exclusive guided tour and start your experience with a gourmet snack and drink. Your ranger will escort you to the VIP Skybox, which enjoys a prime elevated location overlooking the beach, where you can participate in the nightly penguin count with the head ranger. Minimum age 12 years.
Ultimate Adventure TourTake a sunset adventure to a part of the penguin colony closed to the general public at night. Limited to just 10 people accompanied by a ranger guide, this fully accredited eco tour is ideal for nature lovers and takes visitors to a secluded beach away from the main parade grounds. Tour includes a full ranger briefing and headsets to comfortably hear your ranger on the tour. High-tech ‘night vision scopes’ allow you to spy on penguins in the dark. Witness the penguins returning to their burrows in the colony while you make the return walk to the visitor centre. Participants must be 16 yeas and over. closed walking shoes required. Reasonable fitness required – ability to walk on sand, up 20 stairs and a distance of 1.5 kilometres (0.8 miles). Waterproof jacket and overpants provided but you may bring your own if you prefer (must be dark and non-reflective). Minimum age 16.
Phillip Island Penguins, plus Exclusive Wildlife Encounter
|Price||From $145 AUD inc. all entrance fees|
|Duration||10 Hours (approx)|
|Departs||Seasonal - refer booking page|
|Returns||Seasonal - refer booking page|